Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Grid Goes Big Time

Edgewater, Florida's skatepark, home to a wide array of underage cigarette smokers, dirtbags and jailbait hussies finally had an official contest there today. It was unbearably hot and several of Edgewater's most dynamic skaters were unable to attend. Matt Dement, who I didn't shoot any photos of (for no particular reason) should've won but it doesn't matter, because he won in my heart. I'll explain: He did a big trick, a big back 180 air off of the really steep pyramid, and then his crazy redneck dad started honking the horn, pumping his fists and yelling "That's my boy! My boy skates real good! Hell yeah!!! Hell yeah!!!"

Awesome.

I wish we could've given Matt's Dad a prize for being so epic.

PHOTOS:

Photobucket
I'm getting ready to leave Daytona, but over the past 2 years it's been interesting to see Mikey's transformation from young kid to 16 year old devirginized weed smoking dirt.

Photobucket
Possible future photographic competition Josh Doyle.

Photobucket
Alec looks strange in this photo. It must be the facial expression.

Photobucket
Ladies Division: This is how this woman (easily late 30's or early 40's) ended her run. Jump off her board to strike a pose. Epic.

Photobucket
Good thing CJ wasn't a judge. Actually, good thing I wasn't a judge.

Photobucket
Skate And Destroy.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ha.Photobucket
The old pull the chair out trick. Worked like a charm.

Photobucket
Adam was...bummed.

Get it?

Photobucket
Thomas.

Photobucket
He thinks he's a handstand master now.

Photobucket
Jake Price rips. If he didn't win he should've. I can't be bothered to keep track of those details.

1 comment:

Steven Ayers. said...

Hit tha dance flo' whoadie!!!