Sunday, December 30, 2007

Watch The Watchmen

I rode out to Orlando suburb Winter Garden with The Watchmen and other fantastic friends and guests. It was a good old fashioned Battle Of The Bands. It was between a Psuedo Connor Oberst imitator, a band that wanted to be The Used really bad, a moderately ill Hip-Hp group from St. Pete and the aforementioned Watchmen.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Stay real still, this will look cool... MPC and Vatic.

Photobucket
Jamie is always good for a funny photo.

Photobucket
Flavor of Love.

Photobucket
Love this dude, but damn if he's not the sketchiest person I know.

Photobucket
This dude came with us and rode in my car with MPC and me. He told me he was an ill emcee. Turns out he is.

Photobucket
And at 15 he talks shit at a 20 year old level. He was shitting on the other Hip-Hop group.

Photobucket
The Master Peace Creator was also a little befuddled by some of their poppier work.

Photobucket
I like O.Z. because we can both talk shit on anything and he'll always take it further than me and I won't feel like an asshole. Truth be told the other group was nice, we all just wanted The Watchmen to win.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The boys hit the stage and held it down real hard.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Felton doesn't miss an opportunity to go really, really, really hyphy dumb and shake his dreads.

Photobucket
Their set was done. Turn on the bright lights.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Everyone went out in the alley and freestyled. I thought it was to smoke weed but surprisingly MPC just beatboxed a beat and everyone took their turns.

Photobucket
I don't miss an opportunity to get artsy. This pose was all O.Z.'s idea. I'd also like to take this opportunity to make a PSA on O.Z.'s behalf. His name is not "Oz". It is OdotZ. As in O.Z. He's kind of particular about it.

Photobucket
Went back inside to see who's gonna win. This is Caine, the promoter, measuring applause.

Photobucket
THE WATCHMEN WIN! THE WATCHMEN WIN!

Photobucket

No comments: